Introducing SolarTurf™, a unique, all-in-one solution that offers the exclusive opportunity for mounting ballasted solar arrays on ClosureTurf®, the industry's leading Subtitle D landfill closure system. Click here to learn about recent SolarTurf news or visit us at our website to learn more.
THE IDEAL FOUNDATION FOR SOLAR ARRAY CONSTRUCTION
ClosureTurf® is a patented, three component system comprised of a structured geomembrane, an engineered turf, and a specialized sand infill. The foundation of the system is an impermeable, highly transmissive structured geomembrane. It provides for the highest interface friction values available in the market and supports light rubber tire traffic. This feature provides unmatched convenience for landfill operations and ballasted solar array construction and hosting. ClosureTurf®ʼs unique cover system enables solar panels to operate in a clean environment free of dust, grass clippings and potential damage from lawn mowing equipment for the highest possible efficiency. Learn more about ClosureTurf >
During this segment on Worldwide Business, Kathy Ireland interviews Greg Lucini, CEO of ISM Solar Solutions, and Mike Ayers, CEO of Watershed Geo, to learn about their exclusive joint venture and the benefits of SolarTurf™. A virtually maintenance free technology designed to last, SolarTurf™ has proven to be the most sustainable closure option, providing unmatched economic and environmental advantages for waste closure sites.
The SolarTurf™ system eliminates many negative environmental impacts associated with traditional landfill closure methods and utility-scale solar development. By harnessing the power of solar energy, SolarTurf™ repairs and recovers the ecological deficit created by municipal and industrial waste sites, reclaiming environmentally degraded land for sustainable energy production.
1. Utility-scale clean energy - The SolarTurf™ system creates a practical, profitable, and sustainable post-closure benefit by generating utility-scale, renewable energy. The engineered turf provides an excellent surface for ballasted solar array installation and easy access for regular maintenance.
2. Land preservation - Often utility-scale solar development requires clear-cutting and grading of viable habitat and farmland. The SolarTurf™ system reduces the negative environmental impacts of land transformation by re-purposing degraded land.
3. Eliminates borrow soil - Unlike traditional closure methods, the SolarTurf™ system does not require the use of borrow soil, an environmentally wasteful solution. Borrow soil destroys viable habitat at its original location and generates significant carbon emissions due to transportation requirements.
4. Superior gas containment - One unique benefit of the SolarTurf™ system is superior greenhouse gas management. The structured geomembrane component reduces oxygen in the system, which results in higher quality methane being vented for flaring or alternative energy generation.
5. Clean water generation - The SolarTurf™ system significantly improves storm water runoff quality, resulting in added environmental and long-term management benefits. Unlike traditional soil closures, SolarTurf™ filters water, producing runoff that is free of dirt, fertilizer, and other contaminants. Surface water discharged from SolarTurf™ sites has very low turbidity, which means that water quality orifices, sediment removal berms and sediment routing baffles are no longer needed. As a result, siltation ponds can be converted to simple stormwater retention ponds. Clean water generation has the potential to revitalize areas surrounding SolarTurf™ sites, assist with drought conditions, and serve as a resource for wildlife.SPOTLIGHT DOCUMENTS
REDEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCESKILLSOrganization SummarySolarTurf™ is the joint venture of ISM Solar and Watershed Geo. It offers the exclusive opportunity for mounting ballasted solar arrays on top of ClosureTurf®, the industry’s leading capping technology.
ISM Solar: Trusted Leaders in Solar Development
ISM Solar, the renewable energy division of the ISM Group, specializes in solar site development services. Founded in 1987, the ISM Group represents a consortium of companies that offer smarter, more cost-effective sourcing solutions for technology-driven companies by providing industry-leading expertise in engineering, project management, quality assurance, and supply chain management. Striving to remain at the forefront of innovation in today’s rapidly evolving solar equipment market, ISM Solar is committed to developing cost effective solar power to reduce reliance on fossil fuels and provide a clean source of energy for decades to come.
ISM Solar facilitates all aspects of solar site development, partnering with national and regional collaborators to support the development process. Core competencies include:
- Feasibility evaluation
- System design and engineering
- Power purchase agreement
- Incentive qualification
- Operations and maintenance
Watershed Geo: Best-in-Class Environmental Engineering
Watershed Geo, makers of ClosureTurf®, specialize in engineered products that solve earth’s greatest challenges with solutions that reduce risks, require virtually no maintenance, and stand the test of time. Through best-in-class materials and extreme engineering, Watershed Geo’s goal is to unearth solutions that eliminate plaguing industry issues while delivering more aesthetically-pleasing and effective results. Watershed Geo believes in thinking differently and challenging the traditional geosynthetic solutions. Innovation is the cornerstone of their business and is deeply embedded in their DNA.
Watershed Geo services markets in both the Environmental and Civil sectors which include applications in/on but are not limited to:
- Municipal Solid Waste Landfills
- Coal Combustion Residual, Coal Ash Landfills & Impoundments
- Construction & Demolition Landfills
- Industrial Landfills
- Municipal Solid Waste Landfills
- Hazardous Waste Landfills
- Landfill Gas Containment
- Golf courses
- Hazardous Waste Landfills
- Levees, reservoirs, shoreline and lake banks, canals, dams, and drainage channels
Summary of development and redevelopment experienceDeveloping large-scale commercial or utility-scale solar installations requires expertise, experience and a keen eye for managing details. ISM Solar provides all of the above, helping our customers take their visions from concept to fruition.
We give our solar site development customers confidence and ease their burden by handling all aspects of site selection and evaluation, permitting, equipment selection and logistics, construction, electrical interconnections, and negotiation of net metering credit and power off-taker agreements.
Our solar experts possess the financial and analytical skills necessary to understand, and evaluate ever-changing government regulations and position our customers’ projects to take advantage of solar renewable energy credits (SRECs) and other programs. Finally, we put our proven project management skills to use to ensure that each development project runs on budget and on schedule while meeting strict quality standards.General Redevelopment experienceMarket transectsNatural/Remote
There are no current posts for this newsfeed
Organization type   Private Primary address   940 Waterman Ave. City   East Providence State   Rhode Island Zip code   02914 Primary Contact   Greg Lucini Phone   401-435-7900 Fax   --   email@example.com Website   http://solarturf.com/